TigerLead is one of the most heavily-trafficked networks of real estate sites on the web, and we are dedicated to helping home buyers and sellers to connect with the best realtors.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Lead to work in a startup-like atmosphere within a small but profitable and fast-growing division of Move Inc (located in West Los Angeles). Our engineering team is a fun and passionate group, and you will be leading a small (2-3 engineers) unit focused on new products and R&D using new tools and technologies. As a result, a desire to push the limits of our products and to innovate in a very agile setting is critical for success in this role.
We do agile development based on Scrum, so an ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders (both verbally and in writing) is essential. For the same reason, experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback is a big plus.
- Write code and play an active role in developing new features of modern, innovative web applications. Your audience will be consumers buying and selling real estate, our Realtor clients, and internal customers, with opportunities for both front-end and back-end work.
- Lead a team of 2-3 engineers, with a 25/75 split between management and development.
- Be an advocate for Agile development practices, and participate in sprint planning sessions with the team and product owners.
- Monitor your team’s progress and take ownership of removing any roadblocks.
- Mentor team members, manage performance, and set goals/expectations.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders to help gather requirements, clarify functional/technical specs, and integrate stakeholders’ feedback during the development process.
- Assess and communicate how the team’s work impacts both other Tech squads and the business.
Location and Hours
The position is located in our Los Angeles office (at 1554 S. Sepulveda Blvd). Sorry, we cannot consider teleworking for this position at the time. This is a full-time (40 hours per week M-F) position, and we will need your work hours to overlap with 10am-3pm Pacific Time.
- Senior level software engineer, with 5+ years of experience working on web applications.
- Experience with leading a small team of developers, developing people, and managing performance.
- Experience with the management of projects related to web applications and developing MVPs.
- A desire to both code (this is a hands-on position) and manage people.
- A keen understanding of the trade-offs between the speed of development and the stability of the product/MVP.
- Experience working within a Linux environment (CentOS, Apache/Nginx, PostgreSQL, Varnish, Elasticsearch, etc).
- Solid grasp of source code management fundamentals (we use git and GitHub).
- Team-first attitude, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills; enjoy collaborating with others.
- Experience in a startup environment or a small agile R&D unit.
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, energy drinks, and more.
- Contributing to open-source projects is encouraged!
- Flexible work hours (with normal core hours of 10am-4pm Pacific Time).
- A dog-friendly environment.
- A prime location just off the 405 in West LA.
How to Apply
Please fill the application form online, and indicate your salary history / requirements.