TigerLead is one of the most heavily-trafficked networks of real estate sites on the web, and we are dedicated to helping home buyers and sellers to connect with the best realtors.
This is an exciting opportunity for a sharp Senior Perl Engineer to work in a startup-like atmosphere within a small but profitable and fast-growing division of Move Inc (located in West Los Angeles), where your contributions will make a direct impact on clients’ success.
Our engineering team is a fun and passionate group. We do agile development based on Scrum, so experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback is required. As a result, an ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders (both verbally and in writing) to be able to define and clarify requirements is essential.
- Architect and develop highly-scalable, secure, and modern web applications. Your audience will be buyer/seller leads, our realtor clients, and internal customers, with opportunities for both front-end and back-end work.
- Deliver clean, functional, modular, well-documented, and well-tested code.
- Work with our QA staff to ensure thorough functional testing, prepare deployment plans, and identify areas of risk.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders to help gather requirements and translate them into functional/technical specs, and integrate their feedback during the development process.
- Mentor junior developers, and contribute to the evolution of our technology stack.
Location and Hours
Preference will be given to candidates who can work in our Los Angeles office (at 1554 S. Sepulveda Blvd), but we will consider telework for a great candidate with a prior teleworking experience. This is a full-time (40 hours per week M-F) position, and we will need your work hours to overlap with 10am-4pm Pacific Time.
- Senior level software engineer, with 5+ years of Perl experience.
- Strong experience working and developing within a Linux/Perl environment (CentOS, Apache/Nginx, PostgreSQL, Perl, Varnish, Elasticsearch, etc).
- Able to architect and implement solutions to complex problems on large, scalable web applications.
- Strong background in OOP, MVC design, and SOA / Web Services. In particular, experience with Catalyst and/or Mojolicious, DBIx::Class, and Moose is very desirable.
- Excellent SQL skills, PostgreSQL preferred.
- HTML and CSS skills to create web templates.
- Solid grasp of source code management fundamentals (we use git and GitHub).
- Team-first attitude, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills; enjoy collaborating with others.
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, energy drinks, and more.
- Sharp coworkers, including Tim Bunce, who has been working with the team for several years and recommends this opportunity.
- Contributing to open-source projects is encouraged.
- Flexible work hours (with normal core hours of 10am-4pm Pacific Time).
- A dog-friendly environment.
- A prime location just off the 405 in West LA.
How to Apply
Please fill the application form online, and indicate your salary history / requirements.